ART THERAPY CERTIFIED SUPERVISOR (ATCS)
Maintaining your ATCS credential requires you to first maintain your ATR-BC credential. It also requires:
- An additional $25 annual fee. (Please see fee chart)
- Recertification every 5 years, coinciding with your ATR-BC recertification cycle.
- Continuing education in clinical supervision or supervision of your work as a clinical supervisor of art therapists.
The continuing education you complete to maintain your ATCS must be based upon the theory and technique of clinical supervision. You may meet five (5) of the 10 required continuing education hours by receiving qualifying supervision of your work as a clinical supervisor. Qualifying supervision meets the following criteria: Your supervisor is an ATCS or is a licensed and/or credentialed master’s level mental health professional with the supervisory credential in his/her field, AND your supervisor is providing supervision of your work as a supervisor of other art therapists. The continuing education you receive for your ATCS may also be used toward maintaining your ATR-BC.
See the ATCS Application Handbook for details
If you don’t plan on renewing you may:
- Apply for Retired Stats (Lifetime vs. Annual). The fee for lifetime is $150. The fee for annual is $25
- Apply for Temporary Inactive Status. The Temporary Inactive Status fee is $25
- Choose to relinquish your Art Therapist Registration (ATR) by sending us your statement of relinquishment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a list of Art Therapy Certified Supervisors