Registered Art Therapist (ATR)
Once you’ve earned your ATR designation, keeping it current allows you to maintain this professional credential, thus enhancing your value to clients or employers. It also puts you on track to become a Board Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC).
To maintain your ATR credential:
- Adhere to the ATCB Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Disciplinary Procedures.
- Pay the annual $100 maintenance fee (please see fee chart).
- Complete the renewal process each year.
Your annual renewal notice will be sent to you in May of each year and is due by June 30. A late fee will be charged if the fee is not received by June 30. If it is not paid and/or if the Disciplinary & Litigation History section of the renewal process is not completed & submitted, your credential will become inactive. You may not use the ATR designation if you are inactive and must seek reinstatement.
If you don’t plan on renewing you may:
- Apply for Retired Stats (Lifetime vs. Annual). The fee for lifetime is $150. The fee for annual is $25
- Apply for Temporary Inactive Status. The Temporary Inactive Status fee is $25
- Choose to relinquish your Art Therapist Registration (ATR) by sending us your statement of relinquishment to firstname.lastname@example.org.