It is the ATCB’s policy to maintain complete, accurate and high quality records. Records are to be retained for the period of their immediate use unless longer retention is required for historical reference, contractual, legal, or regulatory requirements or for other purposes as may be set forth herein. Records that are no longer required, or have satisfied their required periods of retention, shall be destroyed.
No officer, director, employee, volunteer, or agent of the ATCB shall knowingly destroy a document with the intent to obstruct or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of ATCB or any agency or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter. This policy covers all records and documents of ATCB. ATCB reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and for any reason.
It is ATCB’s policy to protect the identity and personal information of its credential holders, applicants for its credential, and any other individuals about whom information is available in the ATCB files. ATCB applicant files and information shall be held securely and in confidence, and will not be released without appropriate authorization.
The ATCB will protect the identity of credential holders upon the written request of the credential holder.
For purposes of this policy, personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- social security numbers;
- driver’s license, state identification car, or passport numbers;
- any numbers or information that can be used to access a person’s financial resources, including but not limited to checking or savings account numbers and credit card or debit card numbers;
- e-mail addresses, passwords, and Internet account names or numbers;
- digital signatures; and
- fingerprints and biometric data.
ATCB shall follow the following policies and procedures for social security numbers maintained in its records:
- ATCB shall not communicate or otherwise make available to the general public any individual’s social security number.
- ATCB shall not print social security numbers on cards issued to credential holders.
- ATCB shall not require any individual to transmit his or her social security number over the Internet.
- ATCB shall not require an individual to use his or her social security number to access ATCB’s website.
- Unless required by law, ATCB shall not print an individual’s social security number on any materials that are mailed to the individual.
- Unless required by law, ATCB shall not sell, lease, license, or otherwise intentionally disclose an individual’s social security number to a third party without the individual’s written consent.
Protection Against Unauthorized Access/Use
ATCB shall take the following steps to protect against the unauthorized access to or use of personal information:
- ATCB shall shred all papers containing personal information after such papers are no longer in use by ATCB, so that the personal information in such papers cannot be practicably read or reconstructed.
- ATCB shall destroy or erase all electronic documents containing personal information after such documents are no longer in use by ATCB so that the personal information in such documents cannot practicably be read or reconstructed.
- All documents (whether paper or electronic) containing personal information shall be destroyed in the manner provided in this policy within one (1) month of the time period for their retention as provided in this retention of documents policy, unless ATCB has a defined need to retail the documents for a longer period of time.
- All staff and volunteers of ATCB having access to personal information shall be notified of this policy upon the beginning of their services with ATCB and at least annually thereafter. The Executive Director shall be responsible for checking ATCB”’s compliance with this policy, and shall perform regular reviews of ATCB’s destruction systems for paper and electronic documents.